Snappin’ Ministries is a Special Needs Parents Network. This organization has a website and helps connect parents of special needs children with financial, spiritual, and social resources. These resources include links to:
- Meetings with guest speakers
- Educational materials
- Meals and transportation
- Renewal events for parents
- Prayer service
- Financial assistance programs for medications and treatment
- Caretaker to accompany child at church events
- Programs for siblings and parents
- Camps for special needs children
There is also a monthly online newsletter that parents can sign up for to be delivered to their email inboxes. This newsletter is full of informative articles discussing the widely varied issues that concerns parents whose children have special needs. There is also an events calendar as well.
Some of the activities that this organization does in Wisconsin and other areas includes (according to their website) :
- Monthly meetings, where you can meet other parents who have walked a mile in your shoes.
- Meals to the Weary service offers dinners to families who have a hospitalized child or who have a child who is experiencing an unusual medical trial.
- Emergency transportation is available for doctor’s appointments and school.
- “Give Me A Break!” service offers parents a sanity break to run errands, get a couple of hours refreshment or go on appointments child-free.
- Spa Night for Moms in May and Dad’s Night Out in June provide refreshment and fellowship for parents.
- The July Family Picnic and December Christmas Party allow us to celebrate together as families with separate events for the kids.
- Mentors are offered to help parents over hurdles.
- Shadow Service provides an individual caretaker to accompany special kids at Sunday School, Children’s Church or Vacation Bible School.
- Prayer warriors are offered to each family, so that they can know someone is specifically praying them through their trials and needs.
- Lending Library which offers books, tapes and videos of relevance.
- plug parents into a wide variety of financial, spiritual, respite and social resources.
- advocate for legislation that helps special needs children and families.
- seek to serve and support families in any feasible way.
If you’re a parent of a special needs child, or a family member, please check out the Snappin’ Ministries Website for more information.