Quicksilver’s aim is to design an aircraft that would transcend the category of ultralight & provide general aviation with the entry-level aircraft it desperately needed. The focus was on more speed, better aerodynamics, and a greater range.
The GT-500 development program was started with the goal of producing the best performing Quicksilver ever.
Utilizing their award winning CAD/CAM design & engineering techniques, and the most extensive R&D testing in the industry, Quicksilver’s engineers achieved that goal and more.
The GT 500 can climb from zero to 10,000 feet in just about 8.5 minutes – and can cover 100 miles in about 70 minutes.
When you add all this to the superb handling characteristics that have long been the Quicksilver’s hallmark, you have an aircraft that delivers pleasure as well as performance.
The GT 500 is remarkably docile and easy to fly. Its dual three-axis controls are responsive without sacrificing low speed stability. The adjustable trim & flaps allow for positive slow flight and gentle stall at about 39 mph.
It cruises from 55 to 80 mph, with a top speed of about 90 mph. Only about 140 feet is required for the take off roll. A generous useful load capacity can easily accommodate two people and some extra gear.
There are two engine versions available on the market:
• Rotax 582/40 Dual CDI with 65 HP
• Rotax R912UL with 80 HP
• Dual 3-Axis Controls
• 3 Position Flaps
• Inflight Adjustable Trim Control
• Steerable Nose Wheel
• 3 Blade Carbon Fiber Propeller
• with Ground Adjustable Pitch
• Full Size Shock Mounted Instrument Panel w/
• Keyed Ignition Switch, Remote Choke, &
• 8 Instruments: Tachometer, Temperature
• Gauge, Hobbs Meter, Compass, Altimeter,
• Vertical Speed Indicator (VSI),
• Front & Rear Seat Airspeed Indicators
• (R912UL Version Also Includes Oil Temperature & Oil Pressure Gauges)
• Parking Brake
• Dual CDI ignition
• Hydraulic Main Wheel Disk Brakes
• Double Surface Wings
• Extra Ribs for Firm Airfoil
• Tapered Wing
• Excellent Crosswind Capability
• Easy Handling and Responsive Control
• State-of-the-Art Landing Gear Suspension
• Low Cockpit Noise Level
• Quicksilver’s Famous Quality
• Adjustable Pilot Seats
• Front & Rear Seat Shoulder Harnesses
• Removable Doors: Can be Flown with the Doors On or Off
• Extraordinary Visibility
• Delivered in Easy-to-Assemble Kit
• (Average 160 to 190 hours)
• Easy Maintenance and Repair
• Six-Month Written Limited Warranty
More aviation stories