The Independence Visitor Center Corporation and the Philadelphia Department of Parks and Recreation are proud to announce a partnership to operate the Fairmount Park Welcome Center, located at 1599 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, on the corner of 16th & JFK Blvd. in JFK Plaza/LOVE Park. The collaboration is effective immediately.
Center City visitors, tourists and residents will enjoy several service enhancements that are made possible by the partnership. Among the most significant improvements will be:
* Expanded hours of operation: Open seven days a week, from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Saturday; and from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
* The information counter will be staffed by The Independence Visitor Center Corporation’s trained, world-class concierge offering advice and information on attractions across the Delaware Valley.
* Snacks and beverages will be available through self serve kiosks and refrigerated cases.
* Artist Robert Indiana’s LOVE souvenirs will continue to be available with some additions to expand the gift selections for visitors and tourists.
* Tickets will be sold for over 40 major tours, attractions, shows and artist performances in and around the Fairmount Park system and Philadelphia.
“By bringing our top-notch concierge staff to the Welcome Center we believe we can provide the same consistently high level of service our visitors and residents deserve and have come to expect,” said James Cuorato, President & CEO, IVCC. “This new partnership also unifies our brands at a key visitor location!”
“This collaboration makes sense for both of our respective organizations, and will better serve the people who visit our park and Philadelphia,” said Michael DiBerardinis, Commissioner of Parks and Recreation.
“We will continue our strong identity as a focal point for visitor information and a big supporter of the arts in Center City” added Mark A. Focht, Executive Director of Fairmount Park. “Joining forces with the IVCC is the right move, at the right time.”
The Independence Visitor Center, located at 6th & Market Streets, across from the Liberty Bell, provides the region’s best event and attraction information to visitors and locals alike about Independence National Historical Park, the City of Philadelphia and the countryside. Open daily at 8:30 a.m. seven days a week (with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day). For information, visit www.independencevisitorcenter.com or call 800.537.7676.
About Fairmount Park
The Fairmount Park system, part of the Department of Parks and Recreation, is comprised of 63 parks throughout the city. Encompassing over 10% of Philadelphia’s land mass the Fairmount Park system offers a wide array of activities from festivals, athletics, picnics, music, art and history. More information is available at www.fairmountpark.org.