Casanova Italian Restaurant & Deli On Maui, Hawaii
For over 20 years, Casanova Italian Restaurant & Deli (www.casanovamaui.com) has been offering an excellent Italian dining experience on Maui. It sits in the upcountry town of Makawao, and has consistently been rated as one of the best dinner values on the island.
Casanova takes great pride in their fusion of classic Italian fare with the unique flavors of the Pacific. Their roasted duck breast with sweet-and-sour mango sauce is a great example of blending Italian with island flavors.
The wood burning stove at Casanova’s produces very good pizza, and both the lunch and dinner menu have a wide assortment of appetizers, salads, pasta, seafood, and beef dishes. If you’re tired of “resort food” and longing for classic Italian at reasonable prices, head upcountry to Casanova Italian Restaurant & Deli.
1188 Makawao Avenue
Hours: Lunch 11:30AM – 2PM Dinner: 5:30PM – 9PM
Directions: Drive from Kahului to Paia on Hwy. 36 and take a right turn at Baldwin Avenue, which is at the only traffic light in Paia. Take Baldwin Avenue (Hwy. 390) several miles up the side of Haleakala Volcano. It’s a beautiful drive to the town of Mokawao, which is located about 1,600 feet in elevation.
You can also reach Makawao via Makawao Road (Hwy. 40) from Haleakala Highway (Hwy 37) if you are going up or coming down from Haleakala Crater. Casanova Italian Restaurant & Deli is at the only stop sign in Mokawao at the intersection of Baldwin Avenue and Mokawao Road.
Hawaii Travel & Delicious Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian islands of Oahu, Maui, and The Big Island are the most visited Hawaiian islands, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Southeast Asia and Bangkok, Thailand is one of the most visited cities in the world.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
BONUS – Free Hula Shows!
At The Lahaina Cannery Mall on the west side of Maui, there are free hula shows. The Polynesian Dancers perform at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.