Father’s Day is right around the corner and while some have been ready for months, there are others who are starting to panic and are headed straight toward the cheap tool section of the local hardware store if nothing better presents itself soon! Don’t do it! Unless the dad in your life asked specifically for a particular tool, there is really no need to go cluttering the garage any further!
There are a few clothing deals I noticed in the paper this week that will help you stretch your money, giving you the opportunity to give a substantial gift without a huge investment. If the man in your life is desperate for some new duds, then these deals are for you.
Belk is offering a special Haggar deal. If you purchase $40.00 in Haggar merchandise, you can mail in your receipt to receive a $50.00 dining certificate and two movie tickets. The movie tickets will be through Fandango and are good at any of their participating movie theaters. With the high price of movie tickets, this is a pretty good value! The $50.00 dining certificate does have it’s fine print: the certificate is through DiningDough.com, a company that has contracted with certain restaurants to offer patrons discounts on dining. Most $50.00 dining certificates are restricted to a minimum $100.00 purchase. So while you are getting $50.00 in free food, understand that you are also going to be paying $50.00 to dine. As with most of these restaurant discount dining sites, there are additional restrictions depending on the restaurant you choose. (For example: some restaurants will not allow your dining certificate to cover alcohol.) Your best bet with this deal is to go to the DiningDough website, key in your zip code and browse the available restaurants prior to your Belk shopping trip.
- How to make this deal better: From June 13-15, Belk is offering $10.00 Bonus Bucks on every $50.00 purchase. The Bonus Bucks are the equivalent of store credit and can be redeemed between June 16-20. So, if you throw an additional $10.00 in on your purchase, you will get the dinner and movie offer, plus the $10.00 Bonus Bucks will print out on your receipt. Go back later in the week and snag a little extra gift for dad (or yourself). Also, be sure to check the clearance racks! If you mange to find Haggar clothing in clearance, you will stretch that $40.00 a long way.
- Bottom line: You will spend $50.00 for $60.00 of clothing (or more if it is on clearance), a half priced dinner, and two tickets to the movies. While you won’t have the dining certificate or movie tickets in time for Father’s Day (as you have to mail the receipt first), you could make a little certificate or coupon to put in a card and present it along with the clothes. Dad will have something to look forward to down the road.
- Locations: While there is no Belk in Tampa, there are a few in neighboring towns: BELK COLLIER COMMONS – 2111 COLLIER PARKWAY, LAND O LAKES, FL 34639 Phone: (813)948-8555 as well as BELK LAKESIDE VILLAGE – 1400 TOWN CENTER DRIVE, LAKELAND, FL 33803 Phone: (863)688-7872
Sears seems to be offering the best apparel deal I have seen. If you spend $50.00 on men’s apparel, you can receive a $50.00 Come Back Cash gift card by mail, redeemable on $50.00 or more of any combination of men’s apparel. The initial $50.00 must be spent between June 11-20, and the receipt must be mailed by July 20 to receive the Come Back Cash. The Come Back Cash must be redeemed by 10/29/2010. This offer is not valid with any other promotions and Land’s End brand is excluded from the offer.
- How to make this deal better: First, head to CVS Pharmacy and buy two $25.00 Sears gift cards. This week they are offering $10.00 Extra Care Bucks when you buy $50.00 in gift cards to certain stores. Sears happens to be one of them. While you are spending $50.00 out of pocket, you will get $10.00 in store credit to CVS that you wouldn’t get if you just used cash at Sears. (Please note, you must use your CVS Extra Care card when making this purchase… if you don’t have one, simply ask for one when you get to the register.) Secondly, shop the clearance section first! Sears usually has a lot to offer on their clearance racks and since there is little restriction on brand names, pretty much anything you find in the men’s clothing department will work. Stretch that $50.00!
- Bottom line: You will spend $50.00 for $100.00 (or more, if the clothing is on sale) in clothing, plus $10.00 store credit to CVS. I would suggest wrapping the clothes and including a card and some candy or other treat (purchased with the $10.00 CVS credit) with a quick note that mentions the fact that he has $50.00 of clothes in his future… you got to pick some, he’ll get to pick some!
- Westshore Plaza Mall – 347 Westshore PLZ, Tampa, FL 33609 Phone: (813) 288-6000
- University Square Mall – 2266 University Square Mall, Tampa, FL 33612 Phone: (813) 978-3255
- Town Center Mall – 7902 Citrus Park DR, Tampa, FL 33625 Phone: (813) 926-6000
If you find any great clearance deals that can be combined with these offers, please send me a comment and share your luck! Happy shopping!