Looking for something to do today? There are scores of Father’s Day inspired activities going on around Tampa! In fact, daddy-o can get free admission to many of Tampa’s best museums and other attractions all weekend long. If you are looking for something a little less time consuming, or more for the kids, here are a few other happenings in and around Tampa:
- Are your kiddos gone crazy for those Silly Bandz? While it may make you a little bonkers, you will be proclaimed a hero if you head to International Plaza for the Bandz Swap Party today. Hosted by Bandzmania, there will be doorprize drawings at 11:00am and noon. Kids can bring all their Bandz and swap for coveted others. Any purchase made at Bandzmania will score a coupon for a free kid’s cone at Chick-fil-A. The Swap will take place in the Sharp Lounge near Dillards and this event is free. International Plaza is located at 2223 N West Shore Blvd, Tampa FL 33607.
- Toys R Us is sponsoring a Family Lego Creation Challenge today, from 12:00-2:00pm. Families can exercise their imagination, creativity and building skills while making a creation that dad is sure to love! The event boasts prizes, giveaways and more. This event is free and is structured for ages 6 and up with parental supervision.
- Pottery Barn Kids is offering a Father’s Day Craft Workshop on both Saturday and Sunday. Kids can bring in some of their own artwork and photos and Pottery Barn will supply the rest of the materials to create a special memory book for dad. This event is free and Pottery Barn Kids is located in Old Hyde Park, 804 South Village Circle, Tampa, Fl., 33606.
Magic Beans Village is hosting an open house on Saturday. They will offer $5.00 horseback rides as well as tours of the property. Magic Beans Village offers summer horsemanship camps for riders of all ages and skill levels. The property is located at 1550/1538 MLK Street(Old 4th Street), ¼ Mile East of McMullen Booth, in Safety Harbor, FL 34695. You will want to call ahead to schedule the number and ages of those in your party at 727-412-8522.
- Lakeshore Learning is offering a free kid’s craft activity today, June 19, from 11am-3pm. Your child will have the opportunity to create a Father’s Day notepad holder. The free craft activity is offered every Saturday morning, so if you can’t make it out today, try again next week. The crafts are suitable for ages 3 and up. Their website offers a schedule of upcoming crafts and activities. Location: 4501 W. Kennedy Blvd., (813) 207-0468.
- Michael’s is offering a “make-it, take-it” craft today, featuring a Father’s Day card for dad. The workshop is free and ages 3 and up are welcome. This event is from 10:00am- 2:00pm. To find the store nearest you, simply use the store location feature on the Michael’s website.
Do you have any special weekend plans or ideas? Send a comment and share!