June 11 is the official premier of Disneyland Resort’s World of Color nighttime water spectacular, and Disney hasn’t announced a soft opening or preview for the general public. On June 8, 2010, however, Disney’s California Adventure will hold a private preview party for World of Color.
Two local radio stations are giving away tickets to this event. The stations KOST 103.5 (Los Angeles) and 104.3 MYfm (Burbank) are sponsoring contests in which winners receive family four-pack tickets to the World of Color Private Sneak Peak Party. Both radio contests run between May 17 – June 4, 2010.
KOST 103.5 – World of Color Private Sneak Peak Party Contest
- Listen weekdays at 0:50 of even hours, between 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Be caller #20 to 800-929-KOST (800-929-5687).
- Enroll as a KOST member for additional ways to win.
- Enter requested contest information in the form found on the contest page. One daily winner will be drawn at 5:00 p.m. from submissions between the dates of May 17 – June 4, 2010.
- Follow KOST on Twitter or become a Facebook fan for more opportunities to win.
104.3 MYfm 104.3 – World of Color Private Sneak Peak Party Contest
- Listen weekdays 6:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. for the Disney Song of the Hour, which is provided on the contest page. Be caller #20 to 866-544-MYfm (866-544-6936).
- Enroll as a MYclub member for additional ways to win.
- Enter contest information in the form found on the contest page. One daily winner will be drawn from submissions at 5:00 p.m. between the dates of May 17 – June 4, 2010.
- Follow MYfm on Twitter or become a Facebook fan for more opportunities to win.
World of Color is a storytelling extravaganza that takes place in the Paradise Bay area of Disney’s California Adventure. The show is centered on music and animation from popular Disney and Pixar movies that are then projected onto the world’s largest water screen, an area of more than 19,000 square feet. World of Color uses more than 1000 water fountains as well as laser and fire effects.
For Disney fans who can’t take advantage of these June 8 preview contests, Verizon is also sponsoring a World of Color contest for the early fall. The grand-prize giveaway is a September trip to Disneyland Resort for four to see World of Color at a private party. For more information on that sweepstakes, click here.
Click the link to read more articles on Disney Travel news, deals, and advice. You may also sign up for a free subscription to this column.