How to reduce and manage stress
First step: Nutrition makes a significant positive contribution to the treatment of alcoholism.
It will decrease the excessive production of free radicals, purines (uric acid), high triglycerides and homocysteine levels.
- Reestablish electrolyte balance, vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
Many deleterious effects of ethanol in the liver have led to renewed interest in the use of dietary antioxidant as well as some plant derived flavanoids as therapeutic agents.
Chronic alcohol consumption may lead to primary and secondary malnutrition. Malnutrition correlates with the severity of alcoholic liver disease, impaired liver function and increased mortality.
- Excessive ethanol consumption is associated with heighten metabolic syndrome.
Aromatherapy: Scent can alter aspects of mood following an anxiety-provoking task.
- Ylang ylang oil, Cananga odorata
- Bergamot Orange, extracts and essential oil, Citrus aurantium L.
- Lavender, Lavandual augustfolia.
Herbs may be helpful for anxiety or insomnia. They may be used to decrease stress and utilized as tonic, nervine or stimulant.
- Valerian, Valeriana officinalis.
- Passion flowers, Passiflora incarnata.
- Peppermint, Mentha piperita.
- Mountain Skullcap, Scutellaria Montana.
- Cinnamon, Cinnamomum aromatic.
- Lemon balm, Melissa officinalis
- Rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis
- Thyme, Thymus vulgaris
Water, essence Of Life
- Swimming is an excellent exercise for body muscles. It relieves anxiety disorders and acts as an energizer.
Other potential therapies found in DC
- Treatments should involve body and mind healing.
Acupuncture Health-reports Homeopathy Kick Boxing Martial Arts Naturopathy Spa, massage Spirituality
Tai Chi located at 1325 18th St NW, Suite 210 Washingtion,DC
- It stimulates the flow of energy, releases fatigue, anger, anxiety, pain or stress. However, Breathing is primordial. In fact, learning how to breathe is necessary and essential.
- (202) 518-YOGA. The Studio DC & 1710 Connecticut Ave NW. Studio Serenity. 2469 18th St NW.
Flow yoga center. 1450 P Street, NW (between 14th and 15th Streets)
Washington, DC 20005
For some people their very own genes can be susceptible to alcoholism. Though immerse in social, mythological and cultural beliefs, behavioral problems, withdrawal symptoms, etc are components of the suffering of an alcoholic.
- Herbs are medicine and can interact with other legal or illegal drugs. Also, herbs can be toxic if taken without consideration or in excess.
Never stop a prescribed drug (anti-depressant, anxiolytic, anti-epileptic, anti-coagulant, diabetic drug, and others) without the advice of you health care provider. Alcohol should never be mixed with anti-depressant, anxiolytic, aspirin or other drugs.