Fatherless Day event in Sacramento
Sunday is Fathers Day, a day to honor, remember, celebrate and cherish the fathers in our lives.
At many American homes Sunday, dads will be cooking over a hot grill. Why not relieve him of that duty this year? Take him to a BBQ Music Festival instead. Or if Dad is into cars, let him enjoy that hobby for the day.
Here are three local Fathers Day events that your dad, the father of your children, or most any dad in your life will enjoy. From Blackhawk to Concord to Martinez, dads will be honored in the San Francisco Bay Area with love, music, food and fun.
Blackhawk: Cruising the Classics
- Blackhawk Museum
- Sunday, 10 to 2
- Free admission for dads
- Memphis soul, R&B music / Juke Joint
- Free ice cream
Concord: DadDay in the Plaza
- Firefighter chili cook-off
- Beer garden
- Motown music / The Best Intentions
- Todos Santos Plaza
- Sunday, starts at 11 am
- Free parking at Salvio St. garage
Martinez: King of the County
- BBQ cook-off
- Vintage cars
- Soccer collies
- Music festival with:
- James Garner – Johnny Cash Tribute Band
- Big Cat Tolefree
- The RevTones
- Patricia Wilder & Serious Business
- Caroompas Room
- Garageland Rodeo
- Saturday and Sunday, 11 to 6
- Martinez Waterfront Park Marina
Teri Stoddard is a nature loving, 50-something San Francisco Bay Area native, mom of four and grandma to two. After a career in foster and child day care, Teri continues her child advocacy by reporting on family rights and issues affecting San Francisco Bay Area families. Teri is Director of Marketing for Danville and Lamorinda College Nannies & Tutors.
- TV show looking for strict single parents
Organic produce stores and delivery
Free Family Film Festival
- Prison for dad’s protest over daughter’s abduction?
- What’s the best way to divorce with children?
- Charter schools in California’s SF Bay Area
- Downtown Danville overrun with Bad Kitties